Friday 3 December 2010

Draft Album Back and Front

I decided to edit the album back and cover more so that it would fit in more with the posters, so i used again the brown paper (seen in the jacket on hannahs poster and the background on mine) I also used the masking taped effect that is used on my draft poster. I think these elements make it much more interesting to look at, as it now appears 3 dimensional and gives a texturised look. Another main change is the loss of 'Jacques Reid,' we agreed that this would be better as I feel the fact that we have Jacques face on the front means that the customer will recognise him through this, leaving no need for his name. I also think it looks more effective with minimal text.
Overall, i'm really happy with the look of the back of the CD cover, we decided not to have the track numbers on but instead hannah advised me to add the track lengths on, as this is a common convention of Album cases, I used the same font on the back to add continuity, and the same background colour. The masking tape effect in the top right corner diminishes the look of a blank space and finishes the page nicely.
I think with this cd cover and back, we've given Jacques as an artist a very distinctive style, people would be able to recognise this style as his through the unusual font, texture and artistic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment