Tuesday 9 November 2010

Album Cover Research


This is Bon Ivers album cover for album, For Emma Forever Ago. As soon as I saw it it struck me that it is very creative and unusual. I really like the fact that it has a textured look asthough it has been handcrafted. This also shows through the use of font as it looks very handwritten, asthough scribbled over a picture. I think the overall look of this is messy but very effective. The use of trees really fits our theme as this is a key part of our music video, allowing continuity from video, to digipak. Although Bon Iver are the same genre of music as Jacques, I don't believe this fits his overall look as it is quite dark and depressing. But I definitely believe the texturised look could be a big influence for our album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment